Here is an interesting article about California gardener, this article is an excerpt from the book called ” Tough plants for California Garden” by “Felder Rushing”. Some useful tips and insights about California gardeners.
You might be a California Gardener If…
For the uninitiated, here are some general guidelines to tell if you are a California gardener:
- You don’t “landscape”-you arrange.
- Your tool shed is starting to look like a half-million-dollar investment property.
- The !##*!! Pesky Argentine ants are in your ears when you wake up in the morning.
- You know what “fog drip” is and/or your city’s school was closed because of a fog-out.
- Our garden center checkout employee has six body piercings and none are visible.
- Gas costs more than your shrubs.
- You can’t remember if growing pot is illegal.
- Both you and your dog or cat have therapists.
- Ser naco es Chido-being tacky is cool.
- The familiar phrase “invasive exotic” means you feel sneaky about still growing ivy.
- If you have ever thought about eating the snails in your garden with garlic butter.
- The neighborhood cell tower is dressed like a metal palm or pine.
- On a clear day, you can see the mountains.
- You feel guilty for owning a redwood deck-because you’ve visited its forest home.
- Xeriscape-okay, okay, you GET it already!
- Your bumper sticker says “I Brake for Agapanthus.”
- You know how many bags of compost your car can hold, and you’ve cleaned it with a leaf blower.
- You worry about losing your tennis bracelet when digging in the dirt.
- Your garden has black spaghetti drip irrigation tubes running everywhere.
- You can amuse yourself for an hour with a garden hose.
- It gets so dry the trees start whistling for the dog.
- You can grow prickly pear and crape myrtles side by side.
- You can’t mow or blow leaves on certain days because of a noise pollution ordinance.
- You speed more money trying to grow tomatoes that they’d cost at the store.
- High winds always arrive right after you have planted a 5-gallon tree.
- You don’t really understand the Sunset plant zones map.
- Your shrubs were selected according to fire resistance.
- The freeway has a better-maintained irrigation system than your own yard.
- Hummer is a vehicle, not a bird.
We at Ridge tree trimming service, offer full tree service in Oakland CA, including land clearing and tree landscaping and more. Call us today for a free quote
Continue reading about “Mulch Materials“