Stump Grinding Service Oakland CA
There’s nothing worse than having a tree removed only to leave behind an unsightly stump. Property owners who have taken the only responsible path to tree removal by hiring an Oakland tree service can enlist the help of these same professionals to get rid of the stump. Stump grinding service near me is searched extensively in Oakland.Those who have taken trees down themselves against expert advice or have hired less-than-reputable independent contractors to do the work for them can also find a stump grinder company near me capable of resolving this unsightly and potentially dangerous problem.
Reasons to Remove a Stump
Stumps aren’t just unsightly, although they certainly can be an eyesore in an otherwise beautiful landscape. They can also be both inconvenient and hazardous. Here are just a few of the key reasons that property owners should always remove stumps after having a tree removed:
- Stumps can pose a tripping hazard to residents and guests, which can leave property owners dealing with liability lawsuits.
- New trees can grow out of stumps. They will leech nutrients out of the soil, damaging other nearby plants, and will need to be removed repeatedly, costing property owners a ton of money.
- Maneuvering around stumps while mowing or weeding the lawn can be a huge hassle.
- Stumps attract insects like termites, beetles, ants, and other wood-boring species that can eventually migrate to the home.
- If the tree was cut down because it was already suffering from a bacterial or fungal disease, the stump will still be infected. Leaving it in place may allow the problem to spread to other nearby specimens.
- Property owners with small yards will lose a lot of otherwise useful space to unsightly stumps.
Property owners who want to get rid of their stumps have a few options at their disposal. Leaving the stump in the ground to rot isn’t one of them, though, since it can take decades for the wood to decay on its own. Instead, property owners can use chemical stump removers, use hand tools or small stump grinders to get rid of the unsightly tree remnants themselves, or call for professional help. The latter option is always the best one, though.
Stump grinding companies have access to better equipment, and their employees are trained in using them correctly. That means property owners won’t have to worry about damage to the surrounding landscape or incurring a personal injury while attempting a DIY removal. Unlike chemical stump removers, stump grinding doesn’t pollute the local ecosystem, and it doesn’t take weeks to show results. Clients can expect their yards to be ready for planting as soon as the stump is removed and the resulting hole is backfilled.
Get Help Now
Stumps take years, or even decades, to decompose when left to their own devices and, more often than not, they continue to produce new growth for multiple seasons. The only way to quickly, efficiently, and completely remove those stumps is to call an Oakland or Berkeley tree service like Ridge Tree Trimming. Get in touch to schedule an appointment and let the professionals take care of all the rest.